1. “If you have more than five deal breakers, you are the deal breaker.” – Dan Savage
I don’t know the exact moment, podcast, blog or book Dan said this in (it might be from his book The Commitment, which should be required reading) but it is absolutely true. If you keep rejecting people because they aren’t wearing the shoes you and your friends deem acceptable, you are limiting yourself in a way that is entirely self-destructive. Do you want an example of five acceptable deal breakers? Here are mine:
- Uses “gay” as a derogatory term.
- Is rude to waiters/ cab drivers/ homeless people.
- Has the same dirty dishes in the sink as the last time you came over.
- Thinks pop music is dumb.
- Says mean things about you or your body.
Those are my five…
View original post 720 more words